Volunteer for a few hours every week or for just one day a year.
We promise you’ll have fun and make new friends all while helping PHP ‘change lives for the better’!
|Learn new skills||Gain work experience and build your resume||Fulfill a course requirement|
|Feel good about yourself||Explore a different career||Support a cause you believe in|
|Make a contribution to your community||Meet people and make new friends||Help change lives for the better|
PHP Volunteer Opportunities
Distributions are every other Thursday from 12:00PM to 1:00PM at Mission Santa Ines and Los Alamos Creekside Apartments. Help is needed to:
- Unload, sort and bag groceries from 9:30AM to 12:00PM
- Clean up from 1:00PM to 2:30PM
- Pick up Fresh Rescue Tuesday and Thursdays mornings at 8:30AM at Albertsons in Buellton
- Sort and store donations from food drives year round
Contact Victor Gonzalez, email@example.com or 805-686-0295 x101
Ongoing help is needed with:
- Sorting donated clothing, household items, collectables, etc.
- Stocking and recycling items
Contact Angela Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-686-9897
Volunteer for one of our special fundraising events:
- During event (e.g., registration, cashiering, set up, clean up, etc.)
- Help with organizing an event
- Distribute event flyers and posters
- Solicit silent auction items
Contact Kristina Stewart at email@example.com or 805-686-0295 x109
You can help to reduce and prevent youth substance abuse by:
- Joining the Coalition Board or a specific task force (i.e., media, policy development, community action)
- Participate in community wide prevention campaigns
- Share a specific skill with the Coalition
- Be a guest speaker at the Coalition meetings
Contact Mary Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-686-0295 x102
Help is needed from November 23-December 23 to:
- Distribute & pick up donations from drop-boxes
- Set up and decorate the distribution center
- Assist with gift distribution
- Inventory and pack up site
Contact Crystal Gama at email@example.com or 805-686-0295 x104
Advocates for Domestic & Child Abuse Prevention
- Become a volunteer Emergency Response Team Advocate (training provided)
Contact Mayra Marquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-588-2495
Other Ways to Help
- Become a member of the Board of Directors. For more information contact Dean Palius, email@example.com or 805-686-0295 x108.
- Perhaps you have special skills, training or knowledge that could benefit PHP staff in improving service delivery. PHP needs speakers for regular staff meetings, training workshops, and Board meetings. For more information contact Dean Palius, firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-686-0295 x108.